Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Writerly biography

                               My name is Josh Ziemann and I graduated from Cameron R-1 Class Of 2003. While attending High School I also graduated from Art Instruction School. After graduating I wasn't certain on what I wanted to do in the career field. I am now after 7 years of wondering what would suit me best, going to pursue a degree as A Assistant Physical Therapist. I enjoy helping others who are disabled or in need of help. Two of my younger brothers were born with Spinabifida so I understand what people go through, and have learned how to appreciate life and others.

                             I was born June 29, 1984 in Harrisonville, Mo. I lived in Grandview, Mo, which is where I went to elementary school. After my 6th grade year my family and I moved to a small town by the name of Weatherby, Mo were I was home schooled for my seventh grade year. The following year I then was enrolled into Maysville R-1 we’re I completed my 8th grade year. After that year my family decided it was time to move again, which we relocated to Cameron, Mo, were I finished my high school years. Besides basics of were I lived a couple of my passions are my car, and making others smile and laugh.

                                  As a reader and writer, in the past I really didn't enjoy. After taking English 100 last semester it opened up my views and opinions, about reading and writing. Reading I have grown to appreciate the material I'm reading. Learning how to comprehend the reading and understand what the writer and or writers are trying to express. I fill I have grown as a writer, in the beginning I struggled a little, but throughout the semester I grew as a writer. I'm able to express myself better now through my writing it may not be the best, but I put my heart into it now. If not for taking English 100 I don't think I would have viewed reading and writing the same as I do now. I can now sit down read a essay understand it, and write a essay about it without really struggling. In writing I have a weakness of sentence structure, which is developing and look to do nothing but improve on this semester. I'm excited to be in English 104 and be involved, and improve my reading and writing throughout this semester.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Josh,

    Welcome back! I'm happy to see that I did not scare you off last semester :)

    I'm happy that you like to help others especially in your case, you brothers. I can see that this has had a profound impact on you. I hope that you find that you enjoy this kind of work. Tell me would you enjoy it more than what you are doing now?

    Also I must commend you on your final draft in 100. I could see vast improvement in your sentence structure. I hope to see this kind of improvement over the course of this semester.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete